Code of Conduct
The Code is a minimum standard of ethical behavior for each of you as you participate in the program, and it is to be embraced and co-enforced by each cohort member—an internal self-enforcement mechanism. As a participant in this program, you are representing NC State University. This program is about Honor. Honor is a fundamental attribute of character. Honor is a virtue which impels loyalty and courage, truthfulness and self-respect, justice and generosity. Its underlying principle is truth. It is not a complicated system of ethics, but merely honest dealing and clean thinking. If a cohort member is true in thought, word and deed, there is no question about his or her meeting the standards of this program. The Code is not constrained by any geographical boundaries—it travels with the participant wherever he or she goes.
- I will conduct myself in the highest professional standards (business casual dress is expected unless otherwise directed).
- Engagement and dialog will be done with respect and honor.
- I will not use profanity and unprofessional language.
- I will not engage in inappropriate sexual activities, including refraining from sexual comments.
- I will be respectful of scheduled events and honor starting and ending times.
- If I miss a session I will contact Dr. Collins or Dr. Brown as to the reason. See “Criteria for Continuing into Year 2 of 2017-19 NCTTFC ALDP.”
- I will complete my personal Mission Statement and assessments by the stated deadlines. I understand I will not receive continued reminders to complete assignments. If my Mission Statement and assessments are not completed by the stated deadlines, then I will not be able to attend the session during which these are a part of the program.
- I will balance my curiosity with my defensiveness.
- Intoxication is grounds for dismissal.
- I will not leave any of my cohort in a risky situation.
- Participation in illegal activities is grounds for dismissal.
My signature on this document indicates that I have read and fully understand the activities and my responsibilities as listed in this Code of Conduct. I also understand that participation in this program is a privilege, not a right, and if violate any conduct expectations of the program, including but not limited to the items on this Code of Conduct, that I jeopardize my future involvement with this program. All incidences will be viewed and judged by the executive team as to consequences.
Revised March 2017